The Emotional Freedom Technique, EFT, involves tapping on Meridian points as a way to change an emotional issue. Tapping is a way to reduce the emotional charge of an issue so that you can move beyond it.
The Basic Shortcut Recipe:
- Focus on a specific issue and rate how you feel about it from 1-10 (10 gets the most charge out of you).
- Say “Even though I have (this issue), I deeply and completely love and accept myself.” Say this three times while tapping on the Karate Chop Point.
- Starting at the Eyebrow Point, tap about 5 times on each spot either thinking about the problem, or simply saying “This Problem.” Tap in the following order:
- EB = Beginning of the Eye Brow
- SE = Side of the Eye
- UE = Under the Eye
- UN = Under the Nose
- Ch = Chin
- CB = Beginning of the Collarbone
- UA = Under the Arm
- TH = Top of Head
- After one round, reevaluate your rating of the problem. Repeat until the problem causes little or no discomfort.
You can find out more about this technique at:
Tap Along Videos are a great way to start. Try out EFT Wizard, Brad Yates’, YouTube Channel and you will be sure to find a script to go with an issue you need to work on.